THE INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Maris Stella College was constituted in 2004. It is the most significant administrative body responsible for all quality matters. Its structure and role have been revised periodically in adherence to directions from NAAC.
Through the years of its existence, the role of the IQAC of Maris Stella has been evolving and currently it is the primary body that plans, initiates, implements, supervises and sustains quality measures in all aspects of the institution.
The IQAC, through its initiatives for the promotion of a quality culture in academics and administration, has been instrumental in institutionalizing quality for holistic excellence.
VISION & MISSION
- To strive for quality and excellence in all spheres of functions of the Institution.
- To streamline the efforts and measures of the institution towards academic excellence.
- To promote quality as the prime focus of every performance and to be a propelling force of progress.
- To enhance efficiency at all levels of work.
- To nurture professional ethics in every sphere of life.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- To form ‘quality circles’ which consciously and consistently strive for the better academic and administrative performance of the Institution
- To plan strategies for efficient institutional functioning aiming at quality enhancement through internationalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- To develop clarity and better understanding of institutional functioning towards conception,sustenance and enhancement of quality permeating every functional level of the Institution for achieving academic excellence.
- To implement relevant and quality academic/ research programs.
- To identify and eliminate areas of work that bring laxity and deterioration diluting main focus.
- To facilitate the integration of the various activities of the institution incorporating the best practices.
- To inspire everyone to be the agent of change in bringing new ideas and to invite innovative initiatives to realize the vision of the institution.
- To facilitate effective communication and coordination among members holding responsible positions.
- To strive for better implementation of various policies to the maximum satisfaction of stakeholders.
- Chairperson: Head of the Institution
- Teachers to represent all levels (Assistant and Associate Professors) (three to eight)
- One member from the Management
- The senior administrative officer (Office Superintendent/Manager)
- One nominee each from the Local Society/Trust, Students and Alumni
- One nominee each from Employers /Industrialists/stakeholders
- One of the senior teachers as the coordinator/Director of the IQAC
COORDINATORS OF IQAC
- Dr.K.Sandhya : 2004-06
- Dr. Girija Nambiar : 2006-07
- Dr. K. Sandhya : 2007-16
- Dr. G. Little Flower : 2016-20
- Dr. C. Krishnaveni : 2020-23
IQAC Blog: Click here