(Stellites to Awake and Reachout to Society)
About the Programme:
Reach out programs cater to diverse needs of the underprivileged in the society. One of the objectives of the college being empowerment of women and children, these reach out programs create awareness among students of the stark reality and sensitize them. Students also get a firsthand knowledge of the real life situation and experience in tackling the challenges in whatever little way they can. This exposure enables them to be communicative, sympathetic and humanitarian in their outlook. Various sections of the society derive solace, help in different forms, articulate and confident to lead their lives with the motivation and stimulation given by these programs.
The following projects have been taken up under STARS
- Working Children
- Street Children
- Human Rights
- Empowerment of Women
- AIDS Awareness
- Information and Documentation
- Media and Publication
- To see themselves as charitable helpers and create a sense of belongingness.
- To create a sense of social responsibility towards the society.
- To increase participation in community building.
- To develop leadership among students and help them in organizing groups to solve their problems.
- Identification of social service activities.
- Plan and schedule events for the academic year.
- Encourage and involve students in the activities.
- Assist the student in conducting programmes.
- Preparation of Reports and maintenance of records of the events organised.
The student will be able to,
- Develop social responsibility and interpersonal relationships.
- Build leadership and communication skills
- Ability to apply what they have learned in the real world.
- Understand the complexity and ambiguity in the society.
- Build a greater sense of personal identity, spiritual growth and moral development.
- Dean Planning & Communication
- Faculty coordinator
- 2 Faculty Members
- Two Student Representatives