CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS
Code of Conduct for Students:
On admission into the college students have to give an undertaking that they shall adhere to the rules and regulations of the college and there by uphold its reputation, dignity and honour. The code of conduct and all the norms to be observed by students are conveyed to them through the college handbook, website, orientation classes, open assembly sessions, public address system and mentoring classes
- Students are requested to familiarize themselves with the rules of the institution.
- Students, both residential and day scholars must maintain dignity and decorum, throughout their day in the campus.
- Attendance is taken in every period and subject/course wise. 80% of attendance is required for a student to be eligible for semester end examinations. Short fall in the required number of days of presence may lead to the payment of condonation fee as per the norms of autonomy.
- Students abstaining from classes on medical grounds must submit medical reports from a qualified registered medical practitioner to the Vice-Principal.
- Students must be regular and punctual to classes and attend all sessions conducted for them.
- The day begins with a common prayer at 8.55 A.M in which all should participate with respect and attention.
- Students are not supposed to carry valuables to the college. The college does not hold any accountability for the loss of the same.
- The students must follow the college dress code.
- Students are not permitted to leave the college during working hours. Students who need to leave the campus in case of emergency must obtain a gatepass from the Principal/VicePrincipal/Deans.
- Students are required to help in keeping the class rooms and the premisestidy.
- Calling students out of their classrooms while a lecture is in progress is prohibited and students are not allowed to go to the canteen during college hours.
- Students should not damage/defacecollegeproperty(chairs,benches, tables, walls, etc). Fine will be levied on students whom is use/damage college property.
- All the students are requested to read notices displayed on the noticeboards.
- The Management/ Principal shall reserve the right to add, delete,amend or alter the conduct rules from time to time and all the students are bound by the rules in force at the time of admission every academic year.
- Permission to meet parents, guardians, relatives or friends will not be granted during working hours. Students may not leave the classroom without permission or until the lecturer has left the room orasked to disperse. On a member of the staff entering the class room or leavingit,the students shall rise and remain standing till she takes her seator leaves the room
- Students are forbidden to attend or to organize any meeting in thecollege or to collect money for any purpose without the permission of the Principal.
- Students are not allowed to address any authority in a body. Such combinedaction is subversive of good order.
- Students of the college, going on strike or in any way guilty ofserious indiscipline shall immediately forfeit their scholarship, fee concessions etc.
- Students may not address public meetings or take part in intercollegiate competitions or radio programmes without the prior permission of the Principal.
- No matter for publication in newspapers, magazines or journals may be submitted in the name of the college by students without the permission of the Principal.
- Ragging is totally prohibited in the college and anyone found guilty ofraggingand/orabettingraggingwhetheractivelyorpassively,or being a part of a conspiracy to promote ragging, is liable to be punished in accordance with UGC regulations oncurbing the menace ofragging in highereducational institutions as well as under the provisions of any penallaw inforce at the time.