CULTURAL & LITERARY COMMITTEE
ABOUT THE COMMITTEE
The Cultural Committee of Maris Stella College is one of the most dedicated platform that provide the students a lot of opportunities to show their talents in variety of events and competitions.
- Vision:– Our Vision is to encourage students in Cultural events/ activities / competitions and to develop more and more talent among students in Cultural activities.
- Mission:- Our Mission is to enhance the talents of the students, so they can show and participate in maximum number in different cultural events/activities/competitions.
- To promote and arrange extracurricular activities to bring out the talents of the students in performing arts/Literary arts/Fine arts.
- To create a more inclusive and equitable environment that promotes and supports diversity in its broadest sense — including with respect to race and ethnicity, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, language, culture, national origins, religious commitments, age, disability status and political perspective.
STRATEGIES: MECHANISM & PROCEDURES
- Intentionally foster and sustain a welcoming campus environment based on the principles of equity and inclusion to create an environment that is respectful of differences and promotes the safety and security of all people.
- Prepare students to lead and manage in a diverse and changing society by incorporating diversity and inclusion in significant ways in teaching, learning, and research.
FUNCTIONS (Role & Responsibilities)
- The Cultural Committee shall be responsible for all intra and inter collegiate cultural events in the College.
- To plan and schedule cultural events for the academic year. (Tentative dates to be included in the academic calendar of the institute.)
- The Convener of the committee shall conduct a meeting of the committee to discuss and delegate task Procedure to organize cultural events.
- To prepare the Annual Budget for various cultural events.
- To obtain formal permission from the College authorities to arrange programs.
- To decide the date, time and agenda of the programs.
- To inform members of staff and students about the events.
- To arrange the venue and logistics (audio/video system, dais, podium etc)
- To invite the Chief Guest and other dignitaries.
- To arrange mementos for guests and gifts/certificates for the participants.
BENEFITS To Understand the importance of the Cultural events and competitions at college/ Intercollegiate/ University/ State/ National/ International Level, to organize it and to participate.
To promote and arrange extracurricular activities to bring out the talents of students in the performing arts/ Literary arts/ Fine arts.
COMPOSITION OF THE COMMITTEE
- Dean, Planning and Communication.
- Vice – Principals.
- Deans – Student affairs.
- Senior Coordinator.
- 3 Faculty Members.
- 4 Student Representatives.