“Plan your work for today and every day, then work your plan” .
– Margaret Thatcher
Empower, Enrich, Excel, Transform
To contribute to a just and equitable society through quality education for leadership and social responsibility in an environment of academic excellence and sound values.
The mission of the college is to empower young women through a transformative education to form intellectually competent, morally upright, socially committed and spiritually inspired women imbued with the values of humanism in the service of society.
- Truth, Charity and Personal Integrity.
- Transformative Education.
- Inclusiveness, Excellence and Social Justice.
- Holistic Growth.
- Protection and Preservation of Environment.
- To function as a critique and conscience of society.
- To help preserve the cultural heritage of the nation.
- To set and achieve high academic standards in an atmosphere of autonomy.
- To develop leadership of high caliber and integrity.
- To serve the economically weak, socially backward and needy students.
- To direct its efforts to strengthen the institution of the family.
- To prepare young women to continually search for truth and to grow into mature and responsible persons, ready to face the challenges of life at home and in the society.
- To accord priority to vocational and entrepreneurial education
- To strengthen its own faith-life.
Founded in 1962 at Vijayawada, Maris Stella College, a Catholic Christian Minority Institution for Higher Education, has been a first-rate college, which has focused on the education of women being the first women’s college in the district. It was started by the management of Stella Maris College, Chennai, namely, the Society of Franciscan Sisters of Mary.
The vision Empower, Enrich, Excel and Transform inspires the institution to work towards a just and equitable society through quality education for leadership and social responsibility in an environment of academic excellence and sound values. The single minded dedication saw the college evolve from a humble beginning with courses in Humanities and Sciences, to a model college with several conventional and restructured courses added at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The various foundation courses, certificate courses and co-curricular courses enrich our students with varied skill set. The academic, social and spiritual elements of Maris Stella education combine to open windows to global opportunities.
Maris Stella College visualizes empowerment of the girl student through academic excellence, skill enhancement and value enrichment. The mission of the college in tune with the objectives of higher education and strives to provide a synthesis of academics and ethics, inclusive growth and increased employability with global competencies.
The college initiates strategic plans aimed at fulfilling its vision and mission and upholding the values it stands by.
A systematic planning method is in place together with an action plan for the realization of the objectives set for specific time periods. The current plans in operation target the 2019-22 period and may be grouped as:
- Promote a shared college culture through transparency and communication within the college hierarchy
- Improve NAAC grade by applying for assessment and re-accreditation in 2022
- Enhance college infrastructure
- Prepare to face challenges from incoming students and increase performance of existing students.
- Apply the use of contemporary methods and technologies in teaching and learning to improve capabilities of students and faculty members.
- Develop a culture of independent and critical thinking among students and faculty.
- Protect and preserve the environment
- Recruit, develop, retain, and support exceptional faculty and staff
- Strengthen partnerships with internal and external constituencies to maximize Maris Stella’s competitiveness.
- Spread a culture of scientific research among faculty members and students.
- Build, expand and sustain community service.
The following strategic plan is for the period 2019-24. The action plan that follows delineates and is set in a way that guides day to day decision making and activity.
|Strategic Plan 1||Improve NAAC grade by applying for re-assessment and re-accreditation in 2022|
|Strategic Plan 2||Revise curriculum to introduce emerging areas and to strengthen practical learning through increased field projects and internships|
|Strategic Plan 3||Increase admissions|
|Strategic Plan 4||Apply the use of contemporary methods and technologies in teaching- learning, assessment and evaluation to improve capabilities of students and faculty members.|
|Strategic Plan 5||Strengthen research, consultancy, collaboration and extension activities|
|Strategic Plan 6||Enhance college infrastructure|
|Strategic Plan 7||Stream-line the progression of students to higher education or employment|
|Strategic Plan 8||Promote a shared college culture through transparency and communication within the college hierarchy|
|Strategic Plan 9||Frame and execute a digital policy|
|Strategic Plan 10||Protect and preserve the environment|